2012 F150 Fuel Management Gauge Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 F150 Fuel Management Gauge Issue

Have a 2012 Seafox 259 with twin F150's. The Yamaha instrumentation includes a digital fuel management gauge (6Y80-01) and two digital tachometer gauges (6Y8T-01). I am an experienced marine electronics installer and have installed all the Garmin electronics myself. Please verify a few things the dealer told me about the Yamaha instrumentation:

1. The gps input to the fuel management gauge consist of black (ground) and pink w/black stripe (NMEA 0183 +) pigtails. This is from a separate connector from the back pf the gauge. This does not seem to work. I have verified good NMEA 0183 being transmitted from the Garmin unit in single ended and differential mode using an oscilloscope and it meets NMEA 0183 specifications at 4800 baud. I have tried both single ended and full differential input to the gauge and the gps icon never displays. The icon does display during the power up self test of the gauge.

2. The Yamaha instrumentation user manual provided indicates that the "set" button on the fuel management gauge is held for 4 seconds to enter the setup for fuel tank size, number of tanks, speed input, etc. When I hold the 'set" button for 4 seconds, the only option that is displayed is the ability to turn gps input on and off. Also, the fuel management gauge acts like it is set up for two tanks or the 10's and single digits display mode. However,I can't access the setup options to change this as described in supplied user manual.

Seafox never returns customer support phone calls and the local dealer is not helpful at all - probably because I did the electronics installation myself or they don't have a clue.

Perhaps you can get me the rigging manual for these gauges and a revised or corrected version of the user manual for this instrumentation system.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

your on the wrong wires.
    the GPS input wires are black and white and labeled + and -.
    pink and black should be fuel tank level.
    ill look into it more at work today.
    and the hull manufacturer will be of no help as they did not rig it nor make it.

Comment

Here is copy of installation guide with wiring diagram, NMEA 0183 is blue(+) and white(-) wires.
      To access menu press and hold MODE button for 4 seconds not the SET button.
      Command Link Installation Guide.pdf
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help! The installation guide really made a differerence. I can't believe all the time I wasted because of what the dealer told me and the totally messed up user manual they gave me!

Comment

Working...
        X