2005 F115TXR Fuel issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F115TXR Fuel issue?

I have a 2005 115hp that is driving us crazy. Mechanic is at his wits end also. Last season the boat swamped. Engine powerhead never got wet. The in line canister style water seperator/fuel filter was not changed and this lead to water getting to engine and rust from the filter also getting to engine. All filters have been changed multiple times, including VST filter. The injectors have been changed and/or cleaned 3 times. All this has been done since the swamping. I am running off a portable gas tank to eliminate the installed tank as a possible issue.

Here's the issue...the engine will run in one of three conditions, never repeatable or predictable.
    1. It will run fine and max out at 5400 rpm or...
    2. It will max out at 4900 rpm or...
    3. It will max out at 3900 rpm.

It does not degrade over time. Some days it will run at 3900 max when first started and then run 5400 later in the day. Other days may be just the opposite or run at 4900 max at any given point.

Could it be fuel pressure regulator? electrical? I find it odd that it is always one of those 3 max rpms. Any ideas?

It could be fuel or electrical, check all harness and wire connections as well as grounds for corrosion. Check fuel pressure and vacumn when engine has a loss of rpm's to see if getting enough fuel.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X