2004 F60tlrc part throttle miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F60tlrc part throttle miss

Hello, My 2004 F60TLRC has a stumble on acceleration ,seems lean (spits in the intake) at part throttle. No water in fuel, fuel press is within spec, Motor has 180 hrs on it and Ive done all the maint per the book.

Is it time to overhaul the carbs ?
    How many hrs can you put on these motors ?

Thanks in advance Gil.
    Attached Files
    F/V FORDOTY
    Fresh local line caught fish.

most likly carb job time.
    you MUST use a multi channel manometer to properly set the carbs on installation.
    I typically dont buy kits,just the orings I need.
    the kits are rather pricey.

Comment

Thanks for the help,I'm gunna go thru the carbs.
      F/V FORDOTY

Comment

Yes... if you do not run a ethanol treatment at all times in your fuel and if you do not have a water separator pull your carbs and clean them GOOD chances they will have some condensation or muck in them i would do this before rebuilding them.. Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoucat View Post
          Yes... if you do not run a ethanol treatment at all times in your fuel and if you do not have a water separator pull your carbs and clean them GOOD chances they will have some condensation or muck in them i would do this before rebuilding them.. Cat
          Thanks, I do have a FW separator but only ever use ring free.............
          I'm gunna pull the bowls & take a look next week
          Thanks again ......Gil.
          F/V FORDOTY

Comment

Update

Well I pulled the carbs & removed the bowls Everything looks ok, a little bit of white crusty crap on all the main jet o rings & bowl seals.............Pilot jet & passages look good..............I counted the A/F mixture screws at 2 & 1/4 turns, Does that sound right ?

Thanks in advance.........Gil.
            F/V FORDOTY

Comment

Did you check the setting before you removed them?

If not your best bet is to get a Yamaha service manual for your motor and follow the procedures for setting carbs.
              2 1/4 sounds like too much, but I do not know the proper setting for a F60 and may need multichannel manometer to set them properly

Comment

Working...
              X