Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle position sensor help please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle position sensor help please....

Hi all, I am pretty handy with tools but I am confused as to where to disconnect the throttle link (to confirm all plates are closed) to trim out the sensor. Is it the link next to the #1 throttle plate only or the main link arm to all six plates? I have a S250 TURW. Does the link just pop off with a common screwdriver? Much thanks all.

The throttle valve link arm has screws to sync throttle plates, don't need to remove throttle link arm.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

tps on 1998 ox66 s250 turw

so as to regards to replacement there is no need to disconnect the trottle link as long as the plates are closed? Thanks

Comment

You will need service manual and voltmeter to sync new TPS when replacing.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

tps

Yes, I have the test harness for that and specs. I am just confused because the manual states to remove the throttle link at the #1 throttle plate. I need clarification on that procedure. Thanks!

Comment

Do need to disconnect oil link arm from bottom carb, disconnect oil link arm to make it is not holding throttle plates from closing.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X