Updated O2 sensor gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated O2 sensor gasket

I'm working on a SX225TXRY (2000 OX66). To replace my O2 sensor gasket while doing a cleaning, I received an updated 2 piece gasket (part 68F-W1135-00-00). Everything lines up fine with the exception that the hole the o2 sensor should pass thru is too small. This leads to the sensor not sealing against the block around the draw tube. Has anyone else run into this issue? I can't seem to locate the old gasket (part 65L-11357-00-00) since yamaha superceded it & I'm wondering if modifying the newer one is my best option.

Thanks for any help.

has the block ever been replaced?
    all the draw tubes were the same diameter.
    in mid 03 a running change made the 68f and prior gaskets obsolete.
    a picture of the mounting pad on the block area will tell us.

Comment

That engine should have the newer style draw tube, if the your draw tube looks like a bar bell then its the old style, new one has thinner heads and a ring in middle. If need new one order 65L-11353-10-00
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It does have a new powerhead replaced last November. The draw tube fits through the hole in the gasket, but the O2 sensor holder does not when it seems like it should. I will work on getting some pictures to post.
        Last edited by ptwob212; 08-29-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

if the powerhead has been replaced use a C model 3.1L or newer oring and gaskets.
          any 3.1L motors from mid 03,including replacement blocks, use the 04 and later style mounting kit.
          your original parts wont fit.
          there was a tech bulliten about 2004 about it.

Comment

Working...
          X