Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 50HP tiller to remote conversion

Hi,
    i am about to purchase a 2004 50HP yamaha with a tiller stering. The motor has tilt/trim and electric start. I would like to convert it to remote steering.
    Can someone please let me know what parts(part numbers) do i need in order to do that conversion. Also is there any control box which fit on the right side of the center console? Any diagrams will be very helpfull. I search the forum but i did not find anything related to the motor i am about to purchase
    Thanks in advance!

Milen

Will need the model number of your motor to look up parts.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The model number is: F50AET

Thanks!

Comment

I don't have any information on that model, the US models used same cable set up on tiller as did remote models so just need to remove tiller and install steering hook and steering guide. Not sure about engine harness and if throttle requires a push to open or pull to open control box.
        If engine has a 10 pin main harness and a push to open throttle then can use the 703 side mount control box(push to open) with power trim and can reverse handle to mount on either side of console.
        63D-48511-00-00 Steering Hook
        63D-61350-00-00 Steering Guide kit
        703-48207-18-10 703 Side mount control box, 10 pin harness

also need two control cables, part number MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable needed)
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I hooked up Teleflex push/pull steering to my 25 elec start Yamaha.
          A problem, was the choke. It was a long reach from the drivers seat, to pull the choke for starting!
          I bought a new 12 volt solenoid, online, for $10 +/- and fabricated a bracket to mount it and a link to the choke, and it works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
          X