X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG!!!!!!!

Add favorite profanity here.... (&^(&%*$&%#*%^#^*%#^*$#

After 3 months of going bald.....

Unpinned the unmatched gray/black and re-pinned it, So it matched gray/black on both sides of the 4 way white connector.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

Low oil main tank alarm works as it should
    oil pump pumps oil from remote to main
    not in limp mode

Thanks rodbolt for pushing me in the right direction.

Comment

Yamaha audible alarm

Unbelievable I had same exact problem on ProV 115HP. Replaced remote tank sensor but alarm still active. Verified with ohmmeter the reed level switches on engine oil tank and it is working. I have noticed if I trim the engine all the way up, start engine and no alarm. Trim motor down and run for miles at full throttle. Works every time. I am a good technician but electrical grimlens are frustrating. Has to be a wire going to ground in the wiring harness at the motor which moves when motor is trimmed. When I have 4 hours to kill I will investigate further. Until them I will keep trimming up motor to start with no alarm. The Yamaha factory tachometer flashes low oil when alarm is going off

Comment

This sounds like the same problem that i am having with my 90tlrc. What was the solution?

Comment

steve, don't thread hop.
          the referenced antique post ,original, was about a 150 2.6L v6.
          the 2nd thread hopper posted about a V4 115.
          your posting about a 90.
          while all are oil injected two strokes the alarm,alarm control and the oiling systems are vastly different.
          it gets confusing even for a professional tech.
          worse for the guy that has no clue and is trying.

Comment

Working...
          X