Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

retro fit a Fuel enrichment to the 1990?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retro fit a Fuel enrichment to the 1990?

Have a 1997 50 hp 2 stroke with a Fuel Enrichment valve.
    This motor for the most part cranks up easily first turn.
    Also have a 1990 90 hp run great but usually takes a few cranks.
    Can I retro fit a Fuel enrichment to the 1990?
    I know it is on the Middle carb,
    Change all 3 carbs/Assembly?
    What else would it need?
    Would it be worth it?

that 50 is a prime start, all thats required is turn the key.
    that 90 is NOT a prime start and requires operator interaction.
    raise the warm up lever,turn the key to on, activate the choke and crank it.

Comment

What type of fuel enrichening device do you presently have on your 1990 90HP motor?....You're thinking the addition of the Prime Start Unit to the middle carb would improve cold starting? Have you tried making slight changes to your cold starting procedure? My 1999 90HP Yamaha seems to like about a 2 or 3 second crank, then let off a few seconds, then it'll crank right up!...motors have their idiosyncrasies sorta like people!.....as far as adding a prime start to your motor, I'm not sure, but maybe it can be done!

Comment

Got to thinking about it, and on your 50HP with Prime Start you leave the neutral throttle lever in the down/closed position to start, but like Rodbolt mentioned, [B]with the manual choke you need to slightly open that neutral [/B]throttle lever....maybe that's the problem? Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
          Got to thinking about it, and on your 50HP with Prime Start you leave the neutral throttle lever in the down/closed position to start, but like Rodbolt mentioned, [B]with the manual choke you need to slightly open that neutral [/B]throttle lever....maybe that's the problem? Good Luck!
          Correct my 50 you turn the key & go. Sure is nice
          I know I can use the Neutral Lever & Choke on my 90 but sure would like that quick easy no thinking start

Comment

well you would need a stator,CDI unit, wiring harness pulser coil plate, a cyl head intake 3 carbs and all the linkage and hoses.
            much cheaper to simply lift a lever and push a switch.

Comment

Working...
            X