1998 30hp Yamaha SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 30hp Yamaha SG

Engine bogs when you first give it gas and then takes off and plains. Iv'e cleaned carbs, new gas, new fuel pump diaphragms, new spark plugs . new gaskets..What do you think about the reeds not working. Help Please

might check timing to see if it is advancing properly, but still sounds like carb issue

Comment

I had the same problem on a 25 3 cylinder 2 stroke. I replaced my fuel line, bulb and added a water/fuel separator and that did the trick. Over time the inside of the fuel line brakes down and will clog up filters and orifices.

Comment

Originally posted by Leafman1 View Post
        I had the same problem on a 25 3 cylinder 2 stroke. I replaced my fuel line, bulb and added a water/fuel separator and that did the trick. Over time the inside of the fuel line brakes down and will clog up filters and orifices.
        My 2nd on this!...that Walmart fuel/water separater($27) is a great investment in preventive maintenance. Good idea to drain your carb float chambers(drain screw/bolt) a couple of times a year, and especially when motor won't be used for several weeks or months.

Comment

Working...
        X