Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha/mariner 48hp

Hello ,

I'm a bit new to outboards. I have a yamaha 48hp which i beleive to be 70s or 80s the serial number is e48c 670 l 353642.
    Im trying to make it an electric start but I cant seem to find the parts. I have found a flywheel & starter for a 40hp yamaha, which is about the same age & looks identical on ebay.
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if this fits or know of anywhere I can get the starter gear for it?
    Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks Dale.

No way of knowing, Yamaha never sold a 48hp here in USA and no parts list available.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I hope this helps--Parts manual for your enduro

http://sakura59.ru/documentation/Toh...C_E55C_55B.PDF

Comment

I found the part number i need is there anyway you can check if its the same flywheel as the one for sale on ebay off a yam 40 with serial number 40BE 676B L40104 (Or maybe a link to the parts manual for the engine) As its $800 for a new one which is more than i paid for the whole outboard

I need: Flywheel (rotor ass) 697-85550-00

I really do appretiate your help as im a bit lost with outboard parts.

Thanks, Dale.

Comment

Please understand, I will never say that such and such a part will fit your engine, you need to do your own research, after all it's your money. I would not like to give you any false information. However I can send you a link to an engine that "appears" to use some of the same parts.

This is the link,

Yamaha Outboard Parts

and as you can see the flywheel is the same part number. Enduros often used many components from a larger outboards. Use the other PDF file refered to in my previous post to compare parts to your hearts desire.

Here is another link, that may help you

parts yamaha outboard motor accessories spares replacement oem aftermarket

I know from experience that having an orphan for an outboard can be a little frustrating. Those enduros are still sold in many places around the world, just locating parts can be time consuming though. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
          X