2007 LF225TXR 4stoke fuel pumps both blew 5amp fuels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 LF225TXR 4stoke fuel pumps both blew 5amp fuels

Folks I'm new to this forum, I was hoping not to go hear so soon after buying this boat (May).

Got an issue with both engines. Ran it hard to the canyons and back last week. Fuel gauge had 3 dashes left, I assume about 25 gallons left, maybe less. Wen to start it this weekend and one engine shut down while idle at the dock. 2 minutes later, the 2nd engine shut down.

Pulled the filters, both cans and the small filters inside engine cover, 6P3 I think.(what a pain, had to put the plastic bowls in ice to shrink before twisting them loose.)

Primed the fuel up to the pump. Still won't turn over. Checked the fuse pannel on both engines, the 5amp fuse for the fule pump was blown on both engines. Tried replacing the fuses, and both blew again when I tried to start it.

I have an active warranty on these engines. I am taking it to a Yami dealer, (peir 47 in Rio Grande, NJ) Are there any cases where Yamaha replaces these parts under warrantee? There was the usual brown junk in the filters.

Would you replace the filter on the injection pump?

Is that 5 amp fuse for the low idle pump and NOT for the Injection pump?

How hard is it to replace the low idle pump? I hear the injection pump is a bi$ch to relace. But the low idle pump looks pretty easy.

I am thankful they crapped out in my slip and not in the canyons.

typically the lift pumps stick from sitting.
    sometimes I can soak them overnight in a jar of yamaha combustion chamber cleaner and free them, sometimes not.
    if the stick,typically with that brown junk/watery crap, it will pop the 5 amp fuse.

Comment

Working...
    X