No reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reverse

Was running great then pulled into the dock and no reverse. Pulled shift cable from linkage and cable is fine but cant shift into reverse using linkage. I was thinking clutch dogs? I know i will have to pull and dis-assemble lower unit to find problem right???? 05 HPDI 225.

before I pulled anything, I personnaly would check the shift link arm, just below the throttle body, for loose bolts,nuts or fasteners.

Comment

linkage

I pulled the shift cable off and tried to actuate on the engine, would go into fwd but feels likes its binding in reverse and wil not shift.

Comment

Like Rodbolt said look for something that is causing the binding by getting in the way of linkage.

Is this binding going into reverse while motor is running?

Comment

no go

I tried to manually push it into reverse after removing the cable by using the shaft the cable attaches to and it wont slide back. It slides into fwd but not reverse. Am I missing something here? Do i need to pull the other cotter key and pull that shaft up?

Comment

sorry

I forgot to answer the question, doesnt shift into reverse while it is running nor on the trailer in the garage.

Comment

Working...
            X