No announcement yet.

low power/sputter/when throttleing from idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now ohm tested this switch. in nutural the switch is open, when operating the shifter / throttle the switch never closes. the shift pin slides back and forth and the lower end goes in and out of gear, but never does the shift switch close, however I can rock the shift slide back and forth and the switch will close. but not with the cable. hopefully the final question. is this switch suposed to be closed under load and if not will this cause two cylinders to drop out????????????????????????????????? I hope I hope!!!

Comment

I believe you have found a problem, just need to find out why it will not operate when shifting but will by pushing on it.

Comment

At this point I am beside myself. shift switch is open and does not cut out cylinders. But top cylinder on port side has spark until 800 rpm starboard side lowest cylinder has no spark at idle but spark comes back at 2000 rmp. so from throttle tip in to 2000 rpm it is only running on 4 cylinders. at about 2000 rpm all cylinders fire and engine runs great. I am back to suspecting TPS. my fist adjustment was made without changing throttle stop position. (idle screw) so I set TPS with idle stop set in original spot and then set TPS. to .5 volts. Am I to understand this was incorect? should I have backed off throttle stop then set TPS. to .5 and then adjusted throttle stop, thus changing TPS reading at idle

Comment

your splatter gunning.
          thats not a shift position, its a shift cut switch.
          it will ONLY work if the prop shaft is loaded AND the shift is being moved OUT of a gear position.
          above about 3000 RPM its signal is disregaurded.

the CCS system shuts off spark to #5 cyl between about 600 and 800 RPM.
          between about 800 and about 1800 spark is also killed on #2 cyl.
          so your testing a design feature.
          its working normally.
          to correctly adjust the tps, yes the throttle stop must be backed off so the shutter is COMPLEATLY closed.

Comment

I cried uncle and towed the boat to a mechanic this am. I am still leaning twards TPS adjustment, even though I couldt get it. I will post back findings

Comment

Working...
            X