Battery Combiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Combiner

Is there any reason a combiner can't be used with a 200 Saltwater Series EFI? I searched the site and there's no mention of using combiners for 2 battery systems. Non Yamaha sites swear by them.

Irish,
    What do you mean by "battery combiner" ?
    Ken K

Comment

Irish Jig,

I like you wanted to add a combiner to my set up. After checking it out I found out most of the larger Yamahas, mine being 2001 150 HPDI, already have the set up built into their electrical system. Check if you have two positive leads coming from the engine. If you do there is no need for a combiner since the engine has a built in isolator and will charge both batteries at once without drawing from the other. When the need for two batteries arise just switch your battery swith ti #2. As a matter of fact you can leave your switch on #2 because as i said the isolator will not let the batteries draw from eac other. Non Yamaha sites really swear AT THEM because their mfg. didn't install this their engine.

I hope this helped.

Joe

Ken,

Easist way to explain a combiner - it lets you charge both bateries while running but will not draw from the weaker battery unless a switch, like Guest is put into the 2 batt. position. Better yet follow this link.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...5461&ref=81902

Joe

Comment

Thanks, Ill check my engine Sat. when it comes home for the winter.

Comment

Working...
        X