Full RPM not Reached at WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full RPM not Reached at WOT

I have a pair of 1993 yamaha txrrs. My port engine runs fantastic reaching 5800 rpms at WOT. My starboard engine will only reach 5100-5200 at WOT. I have been living with this issue for years since they both idle and acellerate just fine. I recently tried to solve this problem. Spark is good at idle, coils are good, swapped CDI units to see if it made a differents, new plugs, Throttle linkage is the same as the good engine, prop is in good condition. I have not swapped the fuel pumps yet. Could this be a fuel pump issue? Or is this a high speed pulsar coil going bad? Stator? The starboard engine used to reach 5800 no problem. I also check compression and all cylanders read between 115 and 120 PSI. Frustrating! Thanks for any help

What motors do you have? Check throttle cables to see if both engines are reaching wide open throttle position. Are tachs reading correctly?
    May need to have props checked by prop shop to see if matched.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The motors are yamaha 130hp TXRR. Tachs are good and throttles are wide open. The prop numbers are the same but I may take your suggestion and have them checked anyway for a perfect match. That would make sense if it was a different weight or pitch. We'll see. Otherwise, I am back to electrical or fuel.

Comment

Need to check throttle cable adjustment at engine to see if both engines are going to WOT.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X