numerous spun propellers & throttling up issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• numerous spun propellers & throttling up issue

hi all, I have a 2006 26ft cenetr console with a single 250 hp 2002 ox66 2 stroke. i bought the boat in december and since then i've spun three prop hubs. they have been professionally serviced. I realized that the previous owner never had the thrustwasher installed on the spline so i purchased one and i was curious to know if anything else could be causing the prop issues. the outboard has the zinc fin with the scoop on it that is supposed to cool the propeller.

also when im throttling from a stopped position, the engine starts to stall/sputter when it hits 1700 rpm. when i give it more power, it engages at around 2500 rpms and ride normal after that. i have changed out the spark plugs and the powerhead was rebuilt about 20 hrs ago. the motor was stalling/sputtering before the rebuild and is still doing it after. could it be the spark plug coils? or the fuel pumps? how can i test to confirm? thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Gill7858; 07-29-2012, 06:49 PM.

what was the reason for the rebuild of power head?

Sounds like you may not have fixed what caused that problem and you are fixing to have the same problem again

Service manual gives all of the specs and steps for testing ignition system to eliminate a spark or timing problem

Fuel pressure monitoring would be the first step to see if you are having fuel restriction problems and then maybe fuel injector cleaning

Comment

Working...
    X