No announcement yet.

F300 vibration when throttling down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F300 vibration when throttling down...

Have about 30 hours on my new F300 off shore. Love the motor and we cruise around 4100 rpm 26-27mph on our Grady White. When I throttle down to 35-3700, there is a very pronounced vibration. You can feel it through the whole boat. Seems to be only when unloading the motor, (throttle down) not really noticable when loading the motor ( throttle up). There isn't any RPM drop when I feel it, no codes, recent first service revealed nothing. Gear lube was new looking and engine oil had the normal darkness. I know there is a recall for some of the 300s pertaining to the retaining ring on the gear case housing where a nylon one could cause vibrations and to replace with an updated aluminum, but my serial number does not fall into it and it already has an aluminum one installed from the factory.
    Any one else experience this??

Also for the first time ever the motor died out while on plane today. It Didn't stall, but it sure fell on its face. I shut it off and inspected it. Nothing. Fired it back up and continued on with our 70 mile journey with no issues, other than feeling the vibration on the throttle down. I could be convinced that it was a shot of water or bad fuel from Ethanol but she truely ran great after that one instance.

Any ideas or comments? I'll take them.

are you using the SDS prop setup?
    the falling on its face is not going to be prop related.
    mabye battery cable related.

Comment

Working...
    X