Twin yamaha outboard installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin yamaha outboard installation

I have two enduro e40xw which I want to install on my 19ft,v hull boat.what n where is the install guide from yamaha such as centerline gap,toe in or out.anything that is important becoz this will be my 1st time to install twin eng

Minimum Center line on a 40 hp, is 23.6 inches, toe in or out depends on the design of the hull, most v bottom boats i like 1/4" toe out,

Comment

Can u explain how to set toe out.i really confuse about toe in and out.where n what is the guide for toe setting.is it from the engine propeller shaft or what?im looking for top effiency setting measurement
      Last edited by junaidi; 07-22-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

lets say you mount the engines at 24 inches on center, 1/4 inch tow out would make the the leading edge of the gear case or the steering knuckle set at 24 1/4 and tow in would be jus the oposite

Comment

Ok.now im understand.tq.what is toe in or toe out for or why dont we just make both engine straight forward.i just want to know the affect of toe in,toe out and just straight forward

Comment

some times we do make it the same, depends on the hull design and how it runs, fuel mileage, also sometimes you can put the left on the right and the right on the left and get better performance also. What i have found for a moderate V hull is 1/4" toe out.

Comment

ok.can i make one of my enduro e40xw counter rotation.if yes what part do i have to change.do yamaha have counter rotation propeller for my yamaha enduro 40hp

Comment

they dont make a 40 counter, i was just explaining toe in and out.

Comment

Ok.tq for yur advice

Comment

What is the minimum battery rating for my engine or suggested from yamaha.mine was enduro 40hp

Comment

a group 24 575 will be plenty...

Comment

Sory I cant understand what u mean.if u explain using the battery size e.g ns40.i will understand better

Comment

series group 24 battery, cold cranking amps 575

Comment

Can I connect one battery for my both eng,the reason why is because I just want to save space n weight on my boat

Comment

transom height for this twin motor?

Comment

Working...
                              X