Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Cylinder leaking

Hey All,

I have a 2000 Yamaha F100 with a trim cylinder that appears to be leaking. Its had a slow leak for some time and although I haven't had to top it up yet I'm not sure I want to chance it any longer.

2000 F100TLRY Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSEMBLY 1 Diagram and Parts
    I can see my dust seal (item 9) is quite damaged and it appears to be where the fluid is coming from. I imagine this means one (or more) of the many seals or orings has gone on me. Is there anyway to narrow down which seals I need to order before tearing the cylinder apart?

I remember looking the parts and work required when I first noticed the problem and I wasn't able to find much help. I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know the work involved, which parts need to be replaced and if there is a tear down post exists somewhere on the interweb point me in that direction.

Thanks in advance,

Colin

(I should add I have the factory service manual which shows the exploded view but is surprisingly short on troubleshooting or instructions. Very detailed for other aspects of the outboard)
    Last edited by cslader99; 07-21-2012, 05:17 PM.

No ones had to work on their trim cylinder before? No helpful hits or words of wisdom?

Comment

Most will take to a Yamaha expert to have them serviced as it is not something most will take on themselves

Comment

@cslader99
        Did you solve the problem and find out which o-ring to change?
        Have the same issue with mine F100

Comment

trim

replace ALL "O" rings,scraper and seals with attention to clean !!!

Comment

Working...
          X