pro series fuel gauge wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro series fuel gauge wiring question

Hi there all. I Have been working on installing pro series tach./temp, trim and fuel gauges. The way I have them hooked up right now I have lights in all gauges and the tach and trim gauges work. I still have three wires on the back of the fuel gauge that are not hooked to anything and I have not connected up to the tank. The wires are two black (ground) wires and a yellow wire. I am assuming that the yellow wire should be hooked to sender wire from tank which is red and that one black wire is to go to ground and that the other black wire is to hook to another gauge in series if there was one.

My questions are: 1. am I on the right track with the wires ?
    2. can I ground the tank to the second black wire since I have no more gauges and the other two are already grounded or do I have to ground the tank elsewhere?

Anyone able to set me straight, I'm so close!
    Last edited by heatz1express; 07-19-2012, 09:55 PM.

White wire on gauge connects to pink wire to tank sender
    Black wire gauge to ground wire on sender
    Yellow wire on gauge to yellow wire on key switch lead
    Black to ground on key switch lead
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

no white wire on gauge - tank wire is red

thanks for response. I will look again but I'm sure there is no white wire at back of gauge. wire used from tank sender was already there and it is red. one of the blacks from gauge is hooked into harness with other gauges along with the blue which is hooked up in harness with the blues from other gauges. The only wires left are two blacks and a yellow. Since there is already a ground (black) wire connected from gauge to harness I am not sure if the other blacks go to ground or if they provide ground! that leaves me with one wire that is yellow and I have not connected to tank yet so it must be for sender!!!

I'm not going to blow myself up trying to figure this out, am I?

Comment

I found a white wire !!! duh! I was looking right at it but did not see it for all the other wires under there! So thank you. White to pink(red in my case)
        yellow to keyed power(yellow!)
        black to ground wire from tank
        I'm still thinking the last black is an extra for hooking another
        gauge to.
        O.K. ??????

Comment

all good now

thanks to boats.net for setting me straight. I have all gauges working and as it turns out...I could use a little gas!

Comment

Working...
          X