2011 HPDI problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 HPDI problem

I am having problems getting my 2011 HPDI up above 4300 rpms. The dealer that sold it to me keeps blaming clogged filters, bad gas, water in the gas. Now they are telling me that I need a $ 2000.00 new high pressure pump.

When I get the filters cleaned and the engine tuned, the same problem returns in less than 5 hours. (three times cleaning)

The motor only has about 40 hours on it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions about what I should do.

Bad fuel will cause screens and filters to plug.
    Might need to install a 10 micron inline filter/water separator if you do not have one already.

If the tank is old then you may need to replace it along with all lines.
    Contaminates in them will all end up in the fuel and plug things up even the screens in the HP pump. I believe you can send it off and have it rebuilt instead of buying new unless warranty will pay for new. But I do not believe they will warranty you using bad fuel

Comment

If the system get cleaned out and it runs good for 5 hours then what they are doing is on the right track and your are having fuel problems, like the previous poster stated you need a 10 micron fuel water seperator, this is a must or you will continue to have problems. if your high pressure pump needs work you can send it to Flagship Marine and they can rebuild it for you for way less than the cost of a new one.

Comment

No Luck

They sent the pump to FL to get it rebuilt, replaced all the filters, cleaned the fuel tank, filled the tank, stabilized, ring freed the fuel. Said they got 5100 rpm.

On the 1.5 hour ride home, the RPMS went from 4700 at beginning of trip to 4500 at end of trip. Total cost $ 1800.00, I gained about 200 rpms.

Comment

you never said if it has a inline 10 micron filter/water separator on it.

And was that 5100 and 4700 RPM at wot?

Could be your fuel lines are coming apart and plugging things up again, injectors are plugging, or maybe you have already damaged motor and lost compression on one or more cylinders

Comment

Working...
          X