Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1997 90hp fuel enhancement lever/switch ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 90hp fuel enhancement lever/switch ???

does anyone know about this switch? looked thru both manuals but dont get it? Some thing about em starting. has 3 positions.
    up
    middle - on
    down - off
    dont really understand what it does. 1st yamaha OB should it stay up,on,off for normal running.
    any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Put it in the middle"Normal" position....it's just the automatic "Prime Start" mixture enrichening unit...totally automatic....

Comment

the normal position on my 40 is up not the middle

Comment

yea the manual shows it in up pos,then for cold start turn to on - after start it says return to the down (off) pos. So i'm not sure where normal is, i'm asumming up from their diagram,as that is where they show it from the start of cold start diagram.Dont know why they say to turn it to off after cold start?
        Thanks

Comment

the on position is for emergency start. You have to have to cowling off the motor to get to it. It is not normal to have to remove cowling to start motor.

If carbs have a problem and will not start then turn to on, start motor and once it is running turn to off position and get back to shore and have problem fixed. It is just to get help get you off the water

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X