1999 2 stroke 50hp-HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 2 stroke 50hp-HELP!!!!!

My Yamaha 50 is acting up. Recently purchased my boat and I was having trouble with a rough idle but found the arrow on the cdi was in the middle, adjusted that and it seems to be better. The other issue is at wot it randomly Boggs like its flooding out and after running the boat I'll have oil dripping from the exhaust below the motor cover?!.....could this be dirty carbs and floats are sticking open?.....plugs are also wet with oil...all 3......any ideas?....fuel ratio 50:1 and new filters....can email a pic of oil coming out of exhaust....thanx for your time

You need to pick up a service manual and adjust linkage properly.
    Link and sync is what they call it.
    This needs to be done every time carbs are reinstalled or linkage is re adjusted to make sure all carbs are synchronized and timing at idle and WOT is where it is suppose to be.
    Timing is important not to have it too far out of whack as it can hurt motor.

Check compression spark, timing,fuel pump for leaks , then clean carbs if problem still exists

Comment

I have a downloaded version that doesn't explain how to link and sinc?.....can anyone explain?

Comment

Oh and while pulling the carbs off today I notices the ground wire for the auto choke was not connected.....or if it was it was on one of the studs that hold the carb on ........

Comment

Working...
        X