Bad CPU ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad CPU ????

I have a 2006 F250 TUR. No problems for 5 years and 200 hours. About 2 weeks ago the engine started stalling out when running at about 1200. All fuel and related issues have been checked out and I am being told that the problem is, likely, the CPU with a relay as an "unlikely" second choice. Can anyone provide any info?

best wait and see if Rodbolt ses this, but as a general rule, almost all Yamaha electronic parts are very, very reliable, so make sure it is 100% tested as per the manual (or someone who knows what they are doing)first.

Comment

Need to take it to a dealer and have it check for sensor faults.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I am having an ECU repaired On my 2001 F115 as I type this. The dealer went to drastic extremes to make sure that this ECU was the culprit of my issues. Apparently there are some diagnostics that a Yamaha's representative can run that dealers are unable to do. At least that is what I was told. So my dealer had their Yamaha representative come look at my engine and do additional diagnostic testing before they ordered the part because it is very expensive. As it turns out, I have a bad ECU and a bad idle control valve. Being brief, my symptoms were very inconsistent RPMs at WOT, fast idle and the engine would not shut off when I turned the key off. I thought it was fuel related, but the technician said it sounded electrical to him. And it turns out that is what it was. Before ordering a new ECU, I would make sure that your dealer or repair shop does extensive diagnostics to make sure that's what it was. Because they are very expensive. My replacement ECU was almost $1100. Yours is probably even more than that. So I was okay wiTh an extra hour or so of labor in order to make sure that was the faulty part. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X