No announcement yet.

No water from pee hole '94 yamaha 85, have read other threads before posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water from pee hole '94 yamaha 85, have read other threads before posting

-Tried flushing with mono line/weedwhacker line - no sand/debris
    -Took hose and flushed from pee hole backwards
    - Took lower end off - Checked impeller - looked new, bought a new one just in case.

I'm new to boats. Have worked on cars. This boat has been a project of my Dad's and I am trying to help him source the issue.

The water stopped coming out of the motor as we were coming back to the boat ramp full throttle. All day the boat was running great and we didn't even open her up all the way because it was already so quick... Of course you want to know the boats full potential so you go full throttle and see what shes got... I watch that stream religiously and it had been flowing fine all day. The boat is pretty bare right now and it was really it's maiden voyage so we dont have any alarms to let us know it's overheating just have to pay attention. As soon as the stream stopped we cut the motor, it smoked a little bit, then removed any potential weeds / debris, tried starting it again and immediately killed it after seeing no water again. Got towed in about a half a mile to the boat ramp we were headed back to, and when we got home tried cleaning the lines and put the muff on it and started it one last time... no smoke or anything. Just no water stream still.

Any ideas?

Thought of the poppet valve but i've read that it would over heat near idle more so than WOT with that part defunct. Could it be a bad water pump? Any way to tell if the water pump itself is bad?

Thank you for any advice. New boater so go easy!

Need to put it in water to test not on muffs. Make sure water pump housing is in good shape, not melted or damaged. Use compressed air to clean pee hose and fittings. Check thermostat amd pressure control valve.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Well, air compressor cleared out whatever was in there, had our mechanic over yesterday to check it out... took it out again today and it was running nice, than ran a ground a little up river in low tide... its been years since traveling up it but no harm done... travel back out the river to head to the islands and at WOT the water cut out again... i didnt noticed really if the stream got weaker as the day went on but we got it to flow again some, enough to get in safe, but just not coming out like it should again... Going to try the air compressor to see if maybe just some more debris in there after today, but if not - will check the things you referred to thereafter, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X