Picture of My Exhaust Chamber 02' F200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of My Exhaust Chamber 02' F200

Can anyone with experience tell me if what they see in this photo of my exhaust chamber.

My motor is an F200 2002 with 1525 hours.
    engine runs and cools fine.
    I just happened to take this photo while doing a routine water pump change.

I really do not know if you can tell from the photo but I thought I would post it as I know there are experts on here who might add some insight.

Looks like it has some corrosion in there, would need to taken apart and inspected for damage.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have found this in most engines where the customer does not run the engine long enough during flushing or at all, with out hot exhaust gasses going through the tuner it can not be cleaned efficiently.

Comment

I know that this is an issue with these motors. I was just wondering if anyone with experience can say if this is average, bad, or pretty good.

Comment

this is accecptable, i have seen alot worse,

Comment

where did you land on this. I was notified of a potential issue on my F200s today while doing a motor inspection prior to a sale. The buyer decided to walk. did you end up fixing yours? I guess Yamaha has a replacement kit for these but before it'll cost me $5k-$6k to have the work done. can't decide what to do considering the shop has no proof of an issue here. Boat idles, runs and cools fine. trying to figure out what others have done in this situation.

Comment

thats why I have a 1000 dollar snap on bore scope.
              cant really tell much from a camera shot 2.5 feet away.

typical symptom is low speed overheat alarm with no visual indicates on the tach.
              kit for repair is about 650 dollars and takes about 8 hours to install.

flush for 10 hours, wont matter.
              thats on the dry side of the stack and will never ever see flusing water.

Comment

Working...
              X