1994 130hp Yamaha saltwater series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 130hp Yamaha saltwater series

I'm looking to buy a boat with a 1994 130 hp yamaha saltwater series motor on it and i was wondering if there is any issues related to that engine.Does it have a long life left ,etc.Any information about that motor would be greatly appreciated

Assuming that "Saltwater Motor" has been used in Saltwater for 18 years, then you might expect some corrosion issues with it that you wouldn't have if it was a freshwater motor. I'd want to check it out carefully and regarding preventive maintenance performed. The price would need to be low enough to allow for some future repairs. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for your input it helps out.I just don't want to buy the boat and have the motor breakdown on me.I hope there isn't serious corrosion because I am on the West coast.Thats why I was intrigued with the "saltwater series"motor...Whatever that means..Thanks again

Comment

I believe the "Saltwater" designation may have been more of a marketing tool than any great differences in the motor's mechanicals....maybe some extra zinc anodes or other items? Some of the motors have actually corroded through the water jackets, cylinder heads, etc., but mostly those used in saltwater all the time. Personally I'd be looking around for a freshwater rig, unless the price is too good to turn down. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X