Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 F60 no power to High pressure fuel pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F60 no power to High pressure fuel pump.

I recently purchased a 2007 Nautica inflatable boat with a 2007 F60 high thrust motor. I have encountered several wiring problems with the nav. Lights etc. All due to a ground issue.
    My biggest problem now is that the motor has stopped running. Once on July 4th, and again yesterday. Both times it acted like it has run out of gas. The first time I was towed in and messed with several different things and boom it started working. I ran for a maybe an hour and it happened again without warning. I am pretty sure it is the high pressure fuel pump. For some reason I don’t think it is getting power. I have checked and I am not getting any volts to the pump. I am checking the plug with blue and black wires going into the pump. If I put 12 volts straight to the pump it will run. I’m also having some issues with the gauges coming and going, but I think I have traced that down to the switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Drew

How and where were you measuring for voltage?
    I believe you should have 12 v to motor at all times if key is on, but ground is con*****ed by ECU to turn pump on and off.
    Need to trace wiring and test with meter to see where you are loosing the 12 v pos

Comment

I have been testing at the plug that goes into the HP pump. It has a blue and a black wire going into it. No volts with key on. I was able two make the boat run by pumping the fuel bulb several times. I have tried running the wires down, but they run back into what I think is the ECM. I've checked and think all the grounds are good. Thanks for the reply.
      Drew

Comment

you need to place the red meter lead on the blue wire and the black meter lead to a ground on motor or battery to check for voltage.
        Did you test it that way?

Comment

Yes, That is how I tested it.

Comment

Should be a fuse before it gets to pump.
            Need to pick up a Yamaha service manual for your motor , it will have wiring diagrams to help trace wires

Comment

Thanks, There are three fuses on the top front of the motor. One of them is labeled for the HP pump. I have checked and double checked it. It is a 20A fuse. One thing I havent tryed is checking if Im getting 12 volts to that fuse with the key on. I will do that today. Thanks agian
              Drew

Comment

Update, took the boat by a local shop and they unplugged the main harness coming from the switch and hooked it up to a seperate wiring harness that they use to check motors. When we checked the plug to the HP pump we had 12 volts, so we plugged the boat harness back in and we again had 12 volts at the plug. Long story short when you turn the switch on it only powers the HP pump for about 6 seconds. I was checking the volts by myself and by the time I got to the plug it had been six seconds.

So we found the real problem is the HP pump itself. When we pump 12 volts it made some noise but it was very quite. We then pulled off the fuel line going to the fuel rail and ran the pump but nothing came out. Therefore the pump is bad. I have ordered a pump and filter so hopefully that will solve the problem.
                Thanks again.
                Drew

Comment

I believe you should have the 12V + at the pump plug as long as key is on, but the ECU controls pump running by completing the negative.

If you can hear the pump then it is running, maybe just filter/screen is plugged

Comment

Working...
                  X