Digital Tachometer Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Tachometer Repair

Is there a shop that can analyze/repair a digital tach? I have one in great shape, but it doesn't work (nothing comes on). In taking it apart, I don't see any burnt components..

never heard of one ... if you find one or talk a tech into it they could make a mint
    tho i DID BUY an old style tach that had merc color wires coming out of it....no idea where it came from, and never worked either OR i hooked it up wrong and burnt it up as i never knew merc colors

Comment

I transposed parts from new and old and got one working (94)..well most of it. I think I need to hook the tach up separately(green wire?)..I just plugged in the 2 square plugs and got life out of it. I got a 0 display and triangles above the 4 labels for oil, temp, etc. Then I had 1 triangle over the far right symbol after it self tested. Started the engine, but the tach didn't change from 0. Will test more.. Does anyone know if the green wire is the tach wire? It was cut so I need to resplice. The yellow was cut too.

Comment

Yellow is key on power and green is tach signal on All the Yamahas I have looked at, but I have no idea what you have

Comment

Thanks, the power is on without the yellow hooked up. I'll hook up the green and see what happens to the tach.

Comment

It Worked!!

Comment

Working...
            X