prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop question

New to this forum and will take some time to learn my way around. H here we go. I just bought a used 2006 Key west 2020 blue water with a 150 txr 2 stroke Yamaha that looks and rides well . Poor hole shot and I cannot fine what the prop numbers mean. Looks like a stock prop sst but the numbers 30319y1419 means nothing to me. I know I need to prop down to maybe a 14 1/4 x 17 but can't say for sure , since I am not sure what I already have. HEEEEEELP!!
    Inside the prop is also a hand scrolled number that I don't get.232286-5 . Hello??

No prop shop here on the island , so its hard to test before buying.

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by woodenarroww; 07-06-2012, 10:15 AM.

Those numbers are not Yamaha numbers so not sure what prop you have but the 1419 could be 14" diameter and 19" pitch so the 17" pitch would give better hole shot.
    Last edited by boats.net; 07-09-2012, 03:21 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      Those numbers are Yamaha numbers so not sure what prop you have but thye 1419 could be 14" diamter and 19" pitch so the 17" pitch would give better hole shot.
      I assumed that , but am not sure. I have never seen a prop with a numbering system like that.. I have a friend with a 17 pitch that I will borrow but its not an SST so I won't get a true picture on performance but the hole shot should be close.. Boat is 1900 lbs dry, so I should get better performance from the 19 if that is what it is . To me that's pretty light for a 20' boat with just 1/2 talk fuel and my son with me.

Thanks for the reply. and if anyone knows anything about those numbers , I like to hear from you.

Comment

Working...
      X