Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 ox66 225hp tilt problem, odd!!

Hey guys,

I've had this motor for the last year, and the tilt has been annoying me since day one! Basically it doesn't go all the way up! So I can't put it on the tilt supports in the fully raised position. The cylinder itself works mint, have replaced and bled all the fluid. My guess is the previous owner has changed the tilt cylinder with another model.

I'm struggling to find any information on the amount of travel the cylinder should have, or any part numbers etc. The cylinder itself is blank, but the whole trim/tilt unit has "61A-25" and under that "7G-*272" (I can't see what the * is anymore)

If someone has a ox66 225/250hp, can you please measure the tilt cylinder body? And possibly the tilt shaft length fully extended?

And has anyone got any suggestions or ideas?

I'm drawing a blank, short of buying a whole second hand trim/tilt unit. Which over here in NZ aint cheap! (especially when mine is working great otherwise)

Thanks

Jared
    1997 Yamaha 225hp Saltwater Series II.
    From Auckland, New Zealand

61A should be right cylinder.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

61A is on the back of the whole assembly, so maybe right tilt/trim unit, but wrong cylinder. I might have to go on the hunt for the same motor at a boat yard!

Comment

So after taking my trusty ruler along to a boat yard, I measured the tilt cylinder, and it's exactly the same as mine!

Is there something on these units that limits the amount of travel? an adjustable limiter of some kind?

Comment

No there is no tilt limiter on them.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X