oil sensor has a leak on my 2003 90 two stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil sensor has a leak on my 2003 90 two stroke

Hey guys I need help. Thanks in advance. I have oil seeping through where the low oil sensor is on the tank. My oil sensor does work when its low. I want to know if all I have to do is replace the gasket?

only cure is to replace the switch.
    its not a sensor its a switch.

Comment

Looking on the systematic it looks like there's a gasket. Wheather its a switch or sensor it still works. So I don't understand why I have to replace. Seems like it would be the gasket leaking. Have to be a easier or cheaper fix?

Comment

Do what you want, but you asked and you were told by a Yamaha master tech what he would do

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Do what you want, but you asked and you were told by a Yamaha master tech what he would do

So that will fix the leak? Is this a common problem with yamaha motors? How much does one cost?

Comment

Sorry. Just a little confused on what to get to fix it.

Comment

anyone??? why does it have to be replaced if the switch still works? does the 10 cent creat a seal? looking on the diagrahm it doesnt call it a switch. calls it a oil level assembly gauge, oil strainer and cover along with a gasket? does the gasket go bad?

Comment

The old one must not be sealing and replaceing it should solve leak.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X