2004 OX66 will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 OX66 will not start

I took the boat out for the first time of the year, it ran fine for about 10 minutes, then would start and cut off. It acted as if it was getting air in the fuel line, I replced the lines and that did not correct the problem, I replaced the low pressure fuel pumps and now it wont start at all just turns over never attempting to start. Anyone have any suggestions

test compression , spark , and timing.
    If all is well then work on the fuel side
    make sure fuel is good to start out with
    Test fuel pressure/vacuum

Comment

It would crank and idle for a few seconds before cutting off prior to replacing the low pressure fuel pumps. The pump ball will get hard when you pump the fuel line up, but in just a few minutes it will be soft again.

Comment

Depending on how long it sat up,, sounds like you are having a vst issue, pump or filter. or both..

Comment

No pressure from HP pump, when I turn the key I hear the pump click, I do not hear what sounds like it running. I attached a pressure gauge and get no pressure from the port. I am thinking the HP pump may be bad or stuck, anything else I need to check or anything I can do to keep from having to buy that high dollar pump. Is there an after market pump that is comparable.

I dropped the VST bowl and there was some water in the bottom, more like heavy condensation, the filter was clean, I replaced everything and I still great results above. Prior to this I changed the water fuel separator and there was no water in it, I replaced low pressure pumps no water in them.
          Last edited by Colby828; 07-01-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

OK I am back to where I started, The motor will crank run for about 2 to 5 seconds and cut of. This is what I have done so far, replace the line and squeeze bulb, replaced the low pressure pumps, cleaned the VST, replaced the water fuel separator filter(no water in it).

After replacing the LPFP's the HP fuel pump was stuck, removed it and now it is no longer stuck, it comes on and runs for about 5 seconds and cuts of. Pressure from HP pump is about 38lbs. I cleaned the spark plugs they were in pretty good shape not fouled. I am lost now any help would be appreciated.

Comment

no ideas anyone

Comment

I started pumping the fuel from my tank to see if there was any water, this is what I got out of 2 1/2 gallons, ran it through mr. funnel fuel water seperator funnel. I have 70 more gallons to go. I did not see any water in my racor fuel water separator. Seems this may be the culprit of all my troubles.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
                Last edited by Colby828; 07-13-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Hi just read your post and it sounds somewhat like the same problem I just went through.
                  I tested many of the same applications you mention, read my post F90 won't start. I figured it out after verifying the fuel pressure LP and HP pumps and pressure to the rail and checked the timing etc.
                  The motor would turn over very fast for a few seconds catch run then shut down.
                  The problem turned out to be the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS), replaced it and the motor ran great.
                  So maybe this is the same? the manual tells you how to check the voltage on it, I just put an old one on and it was solved, the TPS are also adjustable if removed they may need to be readjusted. I am no expert on this but it sounds like it may be something to try if there are no other options for you?
                  Cheers and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Colby828 View Post
                    I started pumping the fuel from my tank to see if there was any water, this is what I got out of 2 1/2 gallons, ran it through mr. funnel fuel water seperator funnel. I have 70 more gallons to go. I did not see any water in my racor fuel water separator. Seems this may be the culprit of all my troubles.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The fuel looks hazy, I would dump it and start out fresh after cleaning tank and flushing all lines, pumps , and replacing filters

Comment

Working...
                    X