Powertrim 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powertrim 225

Still having problem with trim and tilt unit. Trim and tilt will go up great. Tilt will come down fine, but when engine reaches the two trim pistions, it acts as if it hit a hydrlic wall. The downward movement is almost none. I can take a screw driver and open the relief valve and it goes down fine. There were no indication anything was wrong. The motor was removed and replaced before moving the boat for the summer. When lowering the motor, after transporting it would go down on the tilt but not on the trim pistons. The first thing tried was checking fluid and bleeding. Ideas?

May have a bad relief valve or main valve without test equipment would be hard to say.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

More questions

When you stated relief valve, I assume manual relief. I assume to be safe order??? springs, ball, seat, oring & etc. Looking at the parts sheet I find valves on what looks like front of bracket which faces the transom, and other oppsite side and they carry the same numbers. Please advise which you are describing as main.

Comment

Working...
      X