Compression readings on a 70Hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression readings on a 70Hp

How do you check compression properley? with the boat in gear or in neautral?

i checked mine today in neautral and i was getting about 100psi on each cylendar? is that an ok reading?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Shane

Originally posted by shanemacleod View Post
    How do you check compression properley? with the boat in gear or in neautral?

i checked mine today in neautral and i was getting about 100psi on each cylendar? is that an ok reading?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Shane
    In neutral, throttle wide open

Comment

A 100PSI on all cylinders sounds fine...any particular reason you're checking compression?....problems?

Comment

No I dont have problems with that engine, i have a sea duck with 2x70hp on it and the one has broken, i have stripped the crank and found that the auto lube was not working and has done extensive damage to the insides, so i just wanted to check compression on the other one to make sure that one is ok.

Just bought the boat had it about 2 weeks, so that was an expensive lesson to learn so in future before i buy a boat i will do a compression test, if i had done that i would have seen the problem before buying it and i wouldnt have bought the motor.

Comment

Working...
        X