Calibrate Trim Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibrate Trim Gauge

When my V150TLR is in the down position the trim gauge shows that it is almost all the way up. How can I calibrate the gauge?

follow wires to trim sensor and adjust
    http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...672-00-00.html
    Last edited by jb123; 06-21-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Spring

If it is like mine, which it probably is, there is a spring on it - might be dirty so that when you have your motor up it gets stuck, and as you lower the unit the spring might be binding up - so a good cleaning with a solvent, little wd40 since it is a sealed unit should do the trick.

Comment

trim gauge

On my F150, the actual switch is spring loaded. It had a black plastic piece that wrapped around the tilt shaft. You would loosen the screw on the plastic piece and adjust it by rotating it on the shaft. That piece, when the motor tilted, moved an arm on the switch which in turn sent the signal to your gauge. That black piece literally broke in two pieces allowing it to MOVE..

Yamaha has since updated the plastic part with a SS one that works the same way (slightly different design but does the same thing) and doesn't break.

Look in the area of the main tilt shaft, the sensor should be near there, under the front of the cowl with two wires going to it. Moving the arm, (ignition on, engine OFF) should show the gauge go up and down...

I have mine adjusted with the engine fully down, I have one bar showing on the gauge. Normal trimmed out position is about 2.5 bars...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X