1997 60hp alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 60hp alarm

I have a 1997 60hp Two Stroke whos temp alarm sounds. THis first happened about a year ago. Replaced the water pump and thermostat. Still had the same issue with the alarm going off at high speed. After it cools down I can run at half speed all day and not get the alarm. After reading about similar problems I came to the conclusion that my water jackets are probably blocked. Not wanting to take the head apart, I invested in a Superflush system and Salt away. To my surprise after installing the superflush system and running salt away through the motor 5 or 6 times, I have been running at full speed for over a year with no issues. I make sure to run the salt away through the motor via the superflush system after every use. This was all good until yesterday when they alarm issue started happening again. I live in South florida and the water temp is now up to 83 degrees. My question is, is there any product you can run through the system safely to help with the water jacket blockage? Again, I am trying to get away from making this repair.

When you replaced the thermostat did you also replace the pressure control valve?...it could stick and effect cooling. Good Luck!

Comment

PCV Valve

I am not sure if mine has one, or if it does, cannot find it on a diagram anywhere. If you know where it is located or where I can find a diagram that would be great. 1997 60HP 2 stroke, 3 carb, C60TLRV I believe is the model.

Comment

I have read about some using a strong vinegar to try to eat some of it out, but best to take apart and clean properly all passages

Comment

Working...
        X