yamaha 2stroke wont idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 2stroke wont idle

hi i have a yamaha 90 hp 6h1 it will not idle but it will run when i increase the rpm cleaned the carbs adjusted the idle air screw and she still wont idle when i disconect the yellow wire it runs, still shuts down a couple times but it works well enough to go out and get back in i put some slicone on the gaskets also and its stilll shutting down as soon as it goes in gear this is when i reconnect the yellow wire what could be wrong

Check compression, resync carbs, check timing and check that all cylinders are firing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If yours is like our '04 90 hp tlr, the carbs have a primary jet and a smaller pilot jet. Ours sat for some time before we bought, fuel lines were eaten by ethanol and it couldn't idle to save its life. After I worked carb cleaner from both ends of the pilot jet's fuel path with compressed air and a bristle from a brass brush on my third trip through them, it now runs fine. Everything upstream must be rated for ethanol or low permeability to avoid a repeat performance.

Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW, I've got two stroke oil leaking down the outside of the lower end from the cowling. I replaced the oil lines and tank cap and do not see any oil on the tank, but cannot see where its coming from. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X