F225 Low Pressure Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Low Pressure Fuel Pump

I have a 2003 F225 and a question I have is should the Low Pressure Fuel Pump come on when VST tank is empty and shouldnt I be able to hear/feel pump run?

it is better to post the issue you are having

Comment

have changed all 3 filters. Launched boat last weekend and ran up to 5000 and then when throttled up again couldnt get any more than 4500 and seemed to have vibration. Have since installed clean injectors and put back together. Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed that when I turn key in statrt position with out engaging starter shouldnt that LPP fill VST tank? I ran 12 volts to pump itself and it runs and now that is why I am asking shouldnt that pump fill tank and shut off when full?

Comment

Thank You...

Thank You....gonna go sea trial it now

Comment

no
          the lift pump runs 10 seconds on,20 seconds off at speeds below 1200 RPM.
          it runs initially at key on for 3 to 5 seconds.
          other than that it has no clue of VST liquid level nor does it care.

Comment

The lift pump is not self priming if there is an empty fuel line and wears when it runs dry as the gasoline is both a lubricant and a coolant to the electric pump. Squeeze the primer ball before turning the key on and that should help.

If you do not have an anti-siphon valve installed, often the fuel level in the hose drops back and the electric lift pump runs dry for a bit before gas reaches it. Over time, the pump can fail or reduce its output.

Comment

Working...
            X