Lower unit removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit removal

Go Back Yamaha Outboard Parts Forum > General Discussion > Yamaha Outboard Forum
    Lower Unit Lower Unit

Welcome, Buster41.
    You last visited: 2 Hours Ago at 09:28 AM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
    User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
    #1 (permalink) Report Post
    Old 21 Hours Ago

Lower Unit
    Thanks in advance! I have a 2006 150HP 4 stroke outboard motor. After six years I decided it was time to look at the water pump. For the life of me I can not remove the lower unit! I removed the six bolts, but cannot remove the lower unit. It will not budge. Does the nut that holds the rudder have to come off? this is the nut in the shaft and this I can not remove. I appears to be below the separation of the lower unit. I thought it would be a simple project, but I am stumped. Suggestions/

Buster

Lower Unit Removal

I have older motors than yours but I think they are all about the same to remove the lower unit. If you will remove the trim tab you will find a bolt going up under the out drive which has to be removed.

Comment

Thanks

That's one of the problems, i cannot remove the trim tab.

Comment

Under that black plastic piece there should be a bolt down in there that holds the zinc trim tab on. Remove trim tab and up in there you'll see that bolt#7 that may be holding your lower unit on. Good Luck!

Comment

Google: Yamaha Maintenance Tips Andy, for instructions with photos for this and several other maintenance/repair procedures. Very helpful!

Comment

Working...
          X