Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FMM connection to speed input

hi,
    I have a Fuel Management Meter (FMM) and I need to connect speed input so that it can compute fuel efficiency.

I understand there are two options and I need to purchase one of the two optional leads for this.

Option 1 - buy lead 6Y5-87122-S0-00 which is the connection to the speedo and is fairly cheap, or;

Option 2 - buy lead 6Y5-85721-F0 which is the connection to the GPS and is about 4 times the cost of option 1.

I realise the speedo is based on the engine pickup and therefore not quite as accurate as gps and I can live with that but is there any other reason to go for GPS speed input? Also I have a lowrance LMS 525 gps, Would this connection be a problem? I think I would need to find the NMEA output wire for the GPS?

If I go with the speedo option, I am guessing the plugs just connect straight to the yamaha speedo gauge.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Speedo connection is the easy way, just plug it in and set dip switch in gauge as long as speedo is working.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Yes I will buy the speedo cable then. Can I purchase from here and get it sent to an address in Australia?
      Thanks

Comment

Yes you can place order here online and them shipped to you.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X