F200 F225 power relay or mean relay what would cause it to go bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F200 F225 power relay or mean relay what would cause it to go bad

I have a F200, last year I was having engine problems. With the help of Rodbolt I was able to diagnose the problem last year. It turned out to be the power relay also called the main relay.

This year again I seem to have the same problem and it turned out to be the power relay again.

I ended up purchasing one from boats.net and am waiting on the new part. What will cause this to recur again within a years time?

Larry
    Last edited by mokaction; 05-18-2012, 01:05 PM.

bad connection or cables.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      bad connection or cables.
      RodBolt, as the same as last year when the power relay went bad. I'm getting no power to the dash display, which is the tachometer, oil and overheat light in the gauge.

I did a test on the power relay, with the ignition on the on position, and voltmeter attached to the coil harness.

I attach the positive lead of the multimeter to the red and yellow wire on the coil harness and of course the black to ground lead.

The voltage I was getting out of the multimeter was .95 V. Shouldn't I be getting 12 V on this test?

What else could be causing this problem?

Thank you very much in advance for all information regarding this problem.

Comment

Working...
      X