More Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Speed

i have a 2011 stock F25 LMHA what can i do to get a little more speed out of it. i don't want to get a bigger engine as this engine is new with only 10hr on it.

what speed are you running now and what is the WOT rpms?

Comment

about 27 mph wide open according to gps i don't know the rpms i don't have a gauge.
      Last edited by dannyo957; 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Not much you can do to hotrod that motor. Maybe look at modifying your set-up, motor height, weight distribution, etc., to give a bit more speed?

Comment

if i decided to go with a 40hp yamaha would i see a big difference in speed. and what prop would you recommend.

Comment

no one has any idea what boat and load you are trying to run, or if the prop and RPM is in range on what you have now.
            So find out and post that info so some one can help you

Comment

I have a alweld 1648 Vee LA boat with a 4-stroke f25 LMHA boat, gear, and two people 675 lb. boat by itself 345 lb. motor 172 lb.

Comment

look at this site for what different set ups got and what prop they used.
                You will need to find out what RPM you are running at WOTand what prop you have now to see if you can improve your speed.
                Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards

Comment

Thank's for your help wil do.

Comment

Working...
                  X