05 hpdi 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 hpdi 225

when accelerating engine cuts out around 3000 rpm for a split second and then continues accelerating. Sometimes it does it a couple times. Ussually straight off the trailer the first time it is normal. top end is good and idle is fine any ideas? Local dealer is having trouble diagnosing, no codes filters all replaced. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Any info from suggestions on your last post?
    that would help, or did they do any testing at all , just replaced parts?

Comment

tests

they checked for codes, changed fuel filter on top and checked fuel pump, no joy. ran again today, half the time it cuts out and then picks right up and goes like hell. the other half it jumps on top and goes like new. they have no idea what it is, cant simulate in tank only under load

Comment

So they did not test/monitor fuel pressures and vacuum like the last post suggested, the just replaced a filter.
        Maybe it would be a good idea to do the things suggested

Comment

that ECU remembers the last 13 minutes of operation.
          do a data download after the cutout and check batt voltage and tps voltage.

Comment

roger that. i will talk to them and see if they can, may have to take it to a better shop! thanks for pointing me in a direction, let you know what is found. been battling these guys for 2 months now

Comment

skeeter did you ever figure out what the problem was with your hpdi? i am currently having the same issue with my 05 250 vmax. i would love to have some good info from someone that has already dealt with this issue

Comment

found it!!!

turns out the filter inside the vst tank was way clogged and the 4 conical shaped filters on the high psi pumps were the same. Ethanol sux!!! Changed and cleaned all and runs like a raped ape!

Comment

shame on you.
                  E fuels are great.
                  for I make lots of money off it

Comment

Working...
                  X