Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 150 v-max, whats up with these motors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 150 v-max, whats up with these motors?

I have been shopping for a used 150 yamaha carbed motor. I have not found many for sale, most of the ones I find for sale are 2000 V-max 150s, and they have ALL been freshly rebuilt or have low compression in one cylinder and need repair/rebuild. It seems that this motor has some major issues. I have only seen a few other years for sale, a few late 90s and a 05 and 07, this is using search tempest covering georgia, SC, AL, FL, NC. Any idea why this year model seems to be faulty?

What happened to you motor Sparkie? Remembering you had issues but I thought you fixed them. Remember seeing several carbed 200's on ebay.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

I sold the over priced F115. I just could not see $1500-1600 in replacing the ECM and the IAC valve, and then hoping that would last for a while. I had the motor running really well, but I sold it cheap because I suspected both of the above parts needed to be replaced. plus the injectors probably needed to be sent off and cleaned. I purchased a 1995 Johnson 150 60 degree motor, which has turned out to be a huge disappointment. I have been through this entire motor and it still will not out run the F115 or the 60 degree evinrude 115 I had on it. really frustrating. So I am hunting up a good used Carbed yamaha 150. I can get a brand new V-max 150 for 9K from boats.net, but I am going to have to take a loss on this 150 I am selling and just dont have that much cash on hand. dang frustrating I let the 115 evinrude go, it ran great, but I just wanted a little more HP.

Comment

The rud 115 will outrun the 150 Johnson?? Something's wrong with that. Prop maybe.
        1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
        1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

no the prop is not the problem, I tried a 19 pitch SS, then a 15 pitch aluminum. got 4600 RPMs with the 19 at 39 MPH, and 5200 on the 15 pitch at 37.5 MPH.

I am only getting about 100 HP out of the motor and it sucks fuel much faster than the 115.

but yes something is wrong, just can not figure out what, and I am pretty good with these carbbed motors. I have pretty much ruled out fuel and ignition and compression and timing and linkage is in sync, gear case appears fine also.

Comment

Working...
          X