Yamaha f150 missing badly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f150 missing badly!!

Ok here's the deal, I have a 1996 backcountry proguide with a yamaha f150 year 2005 tlrd. Last trip I was on the motor started and idled away from the dock fine. Went to throttle up and it wouldn't plane. If I featherEd the throttle it would surge for a second and then bog down to come off plane but not stall. Took it home ran it on external tank, no change. Changed fuel water and fuel canister on front, no change. Removed And inspected vst, completely clean. 30 psi at the fuel rail. I even ran it completely on a pressurized tank of fuel, ran it at 40 psi and still ran the same, slightly missing at idle. It will throttle up but it's still not running right. Injectors more than likely not dirty since the rest of the system was clean. I'm stuck! The only thing I can not check is electrical, have a lot of rips coming up and would love to run my own boat! Anyone now what's going on?

30 psi is to low for your fuel pressure something is blocked or fuel relief valve is leaking ?

Comment

Thanks for the response.... i was told today by an experienced mechanic that the vst filter is not always visibly blocked or restricted. And that if you spray brake cleaner on it you can see the crud. I will try tonight and update post!

Comment

Update to problems

Ok so I have everything figured down to the fuel pressure. Fuel pressure was checked with twoi different testers and is only at 30psi. Specs are 45 at start and after warm 37psi. I have changd all filters including vst f shaped filter fuel water separator and canister on front. Drained al gas from the boat and it definitely had water in it. My dilemma is can there be anything other than the high pressure pump that can be causing low pressure? I have checked e pressure regulator and allis fine. I'm stuck I am out of ideas except for the hp pump. Any help would be awesome!

Comment

the fuel pump is an expensive item, if you don't replace it you'll always worry about it going out some day , you've more than likely resolved the main problem of the bad gas, Id get the injectors cleaned first. and flush out the fuel lines and check the tank for ethanol debris coming loose. Just a thought

Comment

Working...
          X