2007 F225TLR throttle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F225TLR throttle issue

During the winter I installed a NMEA 200 cable back to my motor. When doing this I had to cut out some of the grommet at the motor and move some cables around. I thought I put every hing back correctly.

When I got my boat out on the water I noticed that it shifted roughly into gear and when I put it in neutral the RPM went up to 2000. I took the engine cover off and adjusted the 2 main throttle screws. both screws turned easily by hand so I assumed they had worked in and that was causing the problem. i went out this past Sunday and the problem was worse. The boat would go to 3000 RPM. i took the over off again and noticed that the throttle wasn't returning to the rest position. If I press on the throttle it returns but then springs back out a little.

On the shift mechanism I notice there are 2 lines. The arrow on the shifter is sitting near the back line.

Any idea of what the problem could be?

Not sure what you mean by adjusted two main throttle screws but if you turned any screw on throttle bodies or linkage then it will have to be resynchronized, should have only adjusted throttle and shift cable ends and checked that cables are locked into bracket correctly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I went through my Yamaha Service manual. I turned out the throttle stop screws. I need to check the cables are isntalled corectly through the gromet and go through the Periodic checks and ajustments and ensure that the throttle link and throttle cable operation are within spec. Then go back and set the engine idle speed properly.
      Last edited by davepjr71; 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X