yamaha outboard 90 hp lower waterpump housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha outboard 90 hp lower waterpump housing

How do I remove and replace the lower water pump housing on my yamaha 90 hp outboard?

Go to: Yamaha Maintenance Tips Andy, for good instructions with photos for water pump replacement and other repair/maintenance procedures. Order the complete water pump kit for your motor that includes everything required, gaskets, etc. It's not a bad job, maybe a couple of hours for the first time you do it. Good Luck!

Comment

Know that there is another bolt up under the trim tab in the center besides the [4] you see around the outside securing the lower unit to the motor. As she drops disconnect the rubber hose from the plastic connector in front. Don't stretch it like were doing. I just did mine so here are some photos we took at the Lake.

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what is the rubber hose for you are talking about and where does it go?

Comment

Small rubber hose is for a speedometer, if your boat has one...otherwise the hose is fairly useless. I cut mine and blocked it off at the lower unit...

Comment

Im having a lot of trouble removing the plate under the water pump. Its about a 1/2" thick. its under the ss plate and gasket under the impeller. Almost looks like I could pry it up. Any ideas? There is a gasket uner it I want to replace

Comment

The plate you're referring to is actually more than a plate. There's a round section with an o- ring on it. I used two pairs of Channel Locks to pry the plate out. The curved jaw of the Channel Locks is the right angle to get a good pry. Once the plate moves up a little, you can turn it so the corners of the plate are over the open spots in the LU to give a better spot to pry on. Here's another tip: pack the backsides of the seals with grease before installing them. This keeps the springs in the seals from rusting away- the cause of the seal failure in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X