Convert Tiller to remote 1999 25 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Tiller to remote 1999 25 hp

I searched the forums for my particular situation before posting, but couldn't find the exact part numbers.

Pull start, Manual tilt, 1999 25 HP Yamaha 25MLHX

Want to add a center console and convert from Tiller to remote steer. I have found the steering assembly I will use, but need throttle/shifter and the rest of the parts to make everything fit to the motor.

I will keep it as a pull start, just need to have a throttle, shifter and steering wheel on the console.

Is this the correct part number ?
    6J8-48511-51-4D

I am sure I am missing something ...

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Grizzly1448; 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM.

Would need
    6L2-48501-11-00 Remote conversion kit
    701-48101-51-00 701 Side mount Control box

Also need two MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable needed) control cables.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

When I search, I keep coming up with this
      1999 F25MLHX Yamaha Outboard REMOTE CONTROL ATTACHMENT MH EH Diagram and Parts

The conversion part you list doesn't look like it fits the '99 model. Being such a big bag of parts, I would hate to order it, tear it all apart and pull (whats left of) my hair out trying to figure out why I can't make it work!

The control box looks good, but I can't get the cables to come up, even when I substitute numbers for the "xx" like 08, 12, 10 whatever. Can't find the cables.

Comment

You listed model 25MLHX which is a 2 stroke model not a F25 four stroke model.
        Last edited by boats.net; 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

That is exactly why I ask, because I know I'll buy the wrong part.

Ok, if you say that will fit the '99, then I'll go with it.

Now, the cables. I cant get the cables to come up on a search. say ... a 10' cable for example.

MAR-CABLE-10-SC or any number I put in there will not show up on a search.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes the part numbers I listed are for your motor.
            Here is cables MAR-CABLE-10-SC
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Great!

It's strange that when I type that exact part number in the search, I get nothing? It won't recognize that part in any length.

One more time. If I could do it on my own, I would, but the search won't work. After reading the description, I see I need a a 12' length. If you could please show me a link to that cable in 12' my cart will be complete ... for now.

Thanks again.

Comment

MAR-CABLE-12-SC 12FT Cable
                You can use the Multiple Part Search tab on left side, works good. Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Oh, I see! It does work well!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Ok, got all the parts ordered. Console, Steering, conversion, etc. Lets see how it all fits together.

For those interested in doing this project, with an inexpensive console ($200-$300), you are still in the neighborhood of $900-$1000 to add a center console to your tiller drive boat.

But they look so cool! Plus, storage in the cc for battery, fire extinguisher ... whatever you want.

And they look cool!

Thanks again for your assistance with finding the parts.

Comment

Have not received the parts yet, I think some were backordered. I can already tell I am missing one part. The rod that goes from the steering hook to the steering cable ram.

Comment

65W-61350-00-00

This is all I could find, but looks like F25MLHX. Will this one fit?

Seem to have a lot of trouble finding 25MLHX parts. Always wants to substitute the 4 stroke "F" model.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Received the throttle lever assembly, but it is set up as a Starboard gunwale mount with cable coming out the aft side. That won't work on a center console.

Do you carry a true sidemount center console contol?

Comment

Yes 701-48102-51-00 mounts on opposite side than one you got.
                            Regards
                            Boats.net
                            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok, thanks,

I still cant figure out the one missing piece. The steering cable runs through the tilt tube. but I have nothing to attach it to the motor.

What part goes from the steering cable to the engine hook?

Comment

Working...
                              X