2001 200HPDI spark plug recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 200HPDI spark plug recomendations

I have an '01 200 TLRZ that smokes on start up and builds up carbon. Is there a plug to use that will help with both of those problems? Also, Boats.net parts page list a certain plug and directs the user to a tech exch #0 2000-15A but I can't find that on a Google search......any suggestions? Thank you!

The HPDI models in and around that year had the dual electrode plugs to prevent fouling,i beleive you go by the color of the ignition coil connectors if i remember,not sure if it will fix your issue

Comment

Need to get your dealer to check the serial number to see if any updates are needed to be done on it.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Since I know the serial number is there a way I can access service bulletins for my motor or does a dealer have to do it?

Thanks

Comment

there were some running changes and dealer installed updates about that model range.
          if the ign coil primary connectors are black it uses the single electrode plug, if gray use the duel electrode plug.

Comment

You can post the serial and we can can check it for you but we can't see the motor to see if updates have actually been done.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

My motor is a Z200TLRZ and the s/n is 150605 with a mgf date of 06/2000

Thank you and I look forward to seeing the updates.

Comment

Run that serial and it does not need any updates and there was no warranty claims ever filed on it.
                Z200TL serial number 150689 and under uses BKR7ES-10 Spark plug.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                  Run that serial and it does not need any updates and there was no warranty claims ever filed on it.
                  Z200TL serial number 150689 and under uses BKR7ES-10 Spark plug.
                  I ordered 6 BKR7ES-11 from Boats.net. Am I right in thinking they are the plug that superceded the BKR7ES-10?

Thanks again

Comment

Yes that is the one you need.
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                    X